Minecraft anarchy servers are a unique subset of Minecraft multiplayer servers with essentially no rules. On these servers, there are typically no bans, no moderation, and no administration. This creates a chaotic, “every player for themselves” gameplay environment. One of the most infamous and longest-running anarchy servers is 2b2t.
What is 2b2t?
2b2t is one of the oldest running anarchy servers in Minecraft, having been continuously online since December 2010. The name “2b2t” stands for “2 builders, 2 tools.” The server was originally founded by players househouse2001 and GeorgeBush420.
Some key things to know about 2b2t:
- pure anarchy server with no rules, banning, or resets
- griefer havens with constant destruction of builds
- one of the most infamous and controversial Minecraft servers ever created
- home to legendary players and groups like The Vortex Coalition, Team Rusher, Team Veteran. etc.
- incredibly difficult and dangerous for new players (spawn camping, traps, hacking, etc.)
- full of amazing and historic builds, some which have existed for years
Over its 12+ year history, 2b2t has built up a dedicated community of players who revel in the pure anarchy and chaos that the server provides. It represents Minecraft multiplayer taken to its most extreme conclusion.
Why Play on an Anarchy Server?
For most Minecraft players, anarchy servers seem pointless and unenjoyable. Why would anyone want to play in a world with constant hacking, griefing, bullying, and chaos?
For the players who love anarchy servers, that chaos and danger is the appeal. Here are some of the key reasons why they play on anarchy:
- Complete freedom – do literally anything without restrictions. Hack, cheat, steal, grief, bully new players. Anarchy servers let you experience Minecraft in its most raw form.
- Survival of the fittest – anarchy servers require you to be incredibly cunning, collaborative, and careful. You must sleep with “one eye open” or you may lose everything. This creates intense gameplay.
- Legendary builds – because there are no resets, some incredible historic builds exist, some surviving 5+ years or more. Spawn and world history is preserved.
- Dedicated community – despite the chaos, anarchy servers foster a strong community of skilled, tight-knit players who share history and experiences.
Anarchy servers attract a certain type of player who wants to experience Minecraft in a completely unrestricted environment. It creates legendary stories, history, lore, and gameplay experiences you can’t find anywhere else.
Gameplay and Culture on 2b2t
2b2t’s 12+ years of anarchy gameplay have created a unique culture and gameplay environment. Some key aspects of life on 2b2t include:
- Since the server never resets, spawn is severely damaged and occupied by hostile players. New players are frequently killed, bullied, and trapped if they stay near spawn.
Hacking & Exploiting
- Hacked clients and exploiting glitches is the norm. Players use mods like elytra fly, x-ray, speed hacking, duping, and more to gain any advantage.
Toxicity & Bullying
- General chat and player interactions can often be outright racist, sexist, hateful and toxic. Bullying/killing new players is common.
Griefing & Raiding
- Bases and builds are regularly griefed or completely destroyed. Players often scour the server using hacked clients to find abandoned bases and loot them.
Clans & Teams
- Large clans and teams like The Vortex Coalition hold significant power and influence. They build huge bases and battle each other for server dominance.
Legends & History
- Historical builds, player legends, wars, factions, and events create extensive lore and history spanning years. The server history is frequently discussed.
2b2t represents Minecraft taken to the extreme. For those who enjoy anarchy style gameplay, it provides endless emergent gameplay experiences you can’t find anywhere else.
Famous Players & Groups of 2b2t
Some of the most legendary players, teams, and groups that have impacted 2b2t history include:
- Valkyria – One of the oldest and most famous bases on 2b2t, built by Sato86 in 2012. At the time it was griefed in 2013, it was considered the largest and most ambitious build ever attempted in survival Minecraft.
- EthosLab – Famous Minecraft YouTuber who created a solo series on 2b2t in 2016. His videos brought huge popularity and attention to the server.
- The Vortex Coalition – One of the largest and most powerful groups in 2b2t history, who competed in “The Fourth Incursion” war. Known for huge organized bases and numbers advantage.
- Nerds Inc (previously known as The Tyranny), they became one of the most feared groups on 2b2t in 2016/2017, known for their strong team coordination and incredible wealth of resources and exploits.
- Team Rusher – Formed by YouTuber ThecampingRusher in 2016 during the famous Rusher War. Their invasion of the server triggered massive controversy and conflict with existing players.
- Team Veteran – Longtime players who defended against Team Rusher during the Rusher War and attempted to make life harder for the invading “Rusher” fans.
These are just some of the most impactful groups in 2b2t history. Many other players like Offtopia, FitMC, Pyrobyte, and x0XP have also left their mark and become legendary.
Finding Your Way as a New Player
For new players, surviving and thriving on 2b2t can be an immense challenge. Spawn camping and kill-on-sight players means instant death over and over again most likely. However, here are some tips to help get established on the server:
- Gear up safely – Build a bed and secure shelter away from spawn using an alt account, then bring your main account there.
- Keep moving – Don’t stay in one location too long or you may get found and destroyed. Always have an emergency backup base.
- Make allies – Joining a clan or team can help you thrive. Experienced players can help you obtain resources.
- Learn from vets – Watch experienced 2b2t YouTubers to learn the meta, culture, and obtain good game knowledge before joining.
- Utilize hacked clients – Download mods that let you hack and exploit to gain advantages.
- Prepare for toxicity – Develop a thick skin, as you’ll encounter all forms of hatred, bullying, and discrimination on 2b2t.
The challenges are immense, but with the right knowledge and perseverance, even new players can carve out a piece of 2b2t history for themselves.
Impact and Legacy of 2b2t
While controversial, 2b2t has had an undeniable impact on Minecraft and anarchy servers over the past decade:
- Inspired numerous other anarchy servers like 9b9t, 4b4t, 3b3t and more
- Created a long-running “history museum” of builds dating back to 2010
- Fostered a community and culture focused on pure freedom and chaos
- Gave rise to legendary stories, events, and player histories that persist years later
- Proved that even with total anarchy, dedicated players will create and survive
- Showed Minecraft multiplayer taken to its most extreme but logical conclusion
2b2t represents an incredibly unique approach to sandbox multiplayer gameplay. It has established itself as one of the most famous and legendary Minecraft servers of all time, despite (or perhaps because of) its anarchic nature. 2b2t’s 12+ year legacy is a testament to the potential of emergent gameplay when players are given true freedom.
The Future of 2b2t and Anarchy Servers
Over a decade later, 2b2t continues to be actively played today despite how many times it has been “shut down” over the years. It retains a solid playerbase of dedicated anarchy fans.
As for the future, 2b2t will likely continue on in some form as long as there is interest. However, there is always the chance it could finally meet its demise through lack of funding, lawsuits, or if Mojang/Microsoft eventually intervene.
Anarchy servers represent a niche but dedicated Minecraft subculture. Despite waning popularity, their free form nature guarantees captivating emergent gameplay that will continue to entertain chaos-seeking players well into the future.
In many ways, 2b2t and other anarchy severs represent Minecraft in its purest form – a completely free sandbox to build, destroy, coordinate, survive, and create your own legends and history with friends. As long as that appeals to humanity’s darker instincts for destruction as well as creation, anarchy servers will likely never fully fade away.