Minecraft is loaded up with so many various servers which allow you to play games with the risk of hacking, and grief because these servers have no rules to follow. As a result, the survival of this game becomes more difficult.
Here XP comes up with the solution. Gaining more and more XP will give you the opportunity to survive on this server more easily.
So, here we are going to discuss how to get XP fast in Minecraft and will give you some tricks and hacks on how to gain it fast. To know all these, you have to stay with us by reading our whole article.
What Is XP in Minecraft?
XP is the short form of Experience Points that allows you to make your survival in Minecraft more smooth. In Minecraft, you may get introduced to your enemies who want to hack or harm you.
With this XP ( found in the 1.16 update version) you will be able to defeat them. This XP is collected from glowing experience orbs.
Also, a player can gain experience by defeating mobs, breeding animals, trading with villagers, etc. A player can level up his character and also be able to collect more equipment by gaining orbs.
You have to keep in mind that you have to earn XP not only at the time when you need it, but you also have to earn it over time which will provide you with all kinds of resources to help fund as well as improve your weapons and further progress in the game.
- Related: Free Robux Generator – The Best Ways To Get Robux for Roblox Giveaway.
How To Get XP Fast in Minecraft?
There are many more ways by which you can get more XP and it will make your survival in the game more smooth and strengthen your position.
Here are some ways to get fast XP –
I. Quartz Mining in the Nether
You can gain XP as soon as possible if you build a Nether portal. But it can be dangerous if you don’t have the strongest gear.
In the Nether, you will be able to find areas with a lot of quartz deposits which can lead you to a very fast way of earning XP.
Each block of Nether Quartz consists of 2-5 XP. You can also collect a lot of Nether Quartz by using a pickaxe enchanted with the Fortune Enchant.
II. Branch Mining
Branch Mining is more effective for gaining XP and more safe than Quartz Mining in the Nether. In this, you can find not only XP, but also other useful raw materials such as – coal, iron, gold, lapis lazuli, and luckily diamonds. Each of them consists of different numbers of XP per block mine. Which are –
- Coal – 0-2
- Diamond Ore – 3-7
- Lapis Lazuli Ore – 2-5
In this Brunch Mining, for a better outcome, you have to travel from the bottom of the world to the level where bedrock appears first.
They conduct two sample runs which start from level 28-32 and another one is from level 11-22. Both of them consume 30 minutes.
It sounds a little bit boring but it is efficient to collect XP in Minecraft. You will be able to collect 1-6 XP in each fish. The speed of catching fish will increase if you have a fishing rod with the Lure Enchant.
Though it seems boring, it gives you the advantage of getting some very useful loot which includes enchanted books, fishing rods, bows, and sometimes even a saddle.
You can cook or smelt products in the furnace. After finishing the cooking or smelting you can take out the products and at this moment you will get XP but if you use hoppers to take out the products you won’t get the XP.
If you smelt or cooked a large number of products you will be able to get XP as quickly as possible.
V. Bottles O’ Enchanting
By Bottles O’ Enchanting, you can gain up to 3-11 XP. For this, you have to throw the bottle to the floor, which will help you to boost your experience bar.
It is the easiest and cheapest way to get XP along with the small amount of food and the same types of animals. Each breeding has up to 1-7 XP. For this –
- You have to collect the food according to the animal and harvest some wood.
- You have to build an enclosure by using fences and gates and make sure that the animal can’t jump out of this enclosure.
- Then you have to keep the favorite foods of the animals so that the animals will follow your instructions when it sees that you keep your favorite food with you. Some animal’s favorite food list is –
- For Chickens you need -Seeds. (Wheat, Beetroot, Melon, or Pumpkin).
- For Cows you need – Wheat
- For Pigs, you need -Carrots, Potatoes, or Beetroots.
- For Sheep you need -Wheat.
Thus the way you can breed your animals and get XP.
VII. Hostile Mobs Drop Minecraft XP
Killing hostile mobs (animals) such as – spiders, zombies, and skeletons will give you a small amount of XP. You have to keep in mind that only mobs that you recently attacked will drop a small number of prbs otherwise it won’t drop any XP or you can’t use fire, lava, fail damage, or other things to kill mobs.
By killing it you will be able to get about 50 XP which will be able for one level up (depending on your level). They are easy to spawn and kill.
- Mob Spawners
If you find a dungeon near your base then you are very lucky. And if you are done with the spawner or too far away from your home then you can break it with a pickaxe which will give you 15-43 XP.
You can perform trade with other villagers which will help to get 3-6 XP. Among the villagers, they can perform any specific trade up to 5 times and you can do 100 trades per day in a healthy village as a result, you can gain lots of XP.
Tips For Faster XP Farming
Here are some strategies you can use to farm XP more efficiently:
- Use mob spawners
Mob spawners are blocks that can be found in dungeons and strongholds, and they continuously spawn mobs within a certain radius. By setting up a mob spawner farm, you can easily defeat the mobs and collect the XP.
- Craft XP potions
XP potions can be crafted using glowstone dust and an XP bottle. Drinking an XP potion will give you a boost of XP, which can be helpful if you’re trying to level up quickly.
- Enchant your tools
Enchanting your tools with the “efficiency” enchantment will allow you to mine and gather resources faster, which can also lead to faster XP farming.
Advanced XP Farming Techniques
If you’re looking for even more advanced techniques for farming XP, here are two options to consider:
- XP farm boost method
This method involves using the “XP boost” status effect, which is granted by beacon blocks, to increase the amount of XP gained from mobs. To set up an XP farm boost, you’ll need to build a beacon and place it on top of a mob spawner farm.
- XP grinder
An XP grinder is a Redstone contraption that uses pistons to push mobs into a pit of lava or water, causing them to be instantly killed. By setting up an XP grinder, you can farm XP much more quickly than with a traditional mob spawner farm. However, building an XP grinder can be quite complex, so it’s best suited for experienced players.
Benefits of Getting XP in Minecraft
Getting XP in Minecraft has several benefits, such as:
- Leveling up: XP is used to level up in Minecraft. Each level grants access to new enchantments and abilities, such as increased health and better weapons.
- Unlocking Advancements: XP is also used to unlock advancements, which are in-game achievements that give players new abilities and rewards.
- Improving tools and weapons: XP is used to improve tools and weapons using an anvil, allowing players to have better tools for mining and combat.
- Crafting: XP is used to craft certain items, such as enchanting tables, brewing stands, and more.
- Better combat: As you level up, you will have access to new enchantments and abilities, making combat easier and more efficient.
- Better mining: As you level up, you will have access to better tools, making mining faster and more efficient.
- Better trading: Trading with villagers also grants XP, and as you level up, you’ll be able to trade with more advanced villagers, who offer better deals and rarer items.
- Better exploration: As you level up, you will have access to better tools, making exploration easier and more efficient.
- More fun: Having more XP gives more possibilities to play the game, which makes the game more interesting and fun.
Where Can I Use XP In Minecraft?
You can use XP –
- For enchantment – you can enchant items by using this.
- For anvil usage – you can rename, repair or combine items by using it.
- For mending – repairs armor, weapons, and tools through experience orbs.
Related: Chat in Minecraft [PC, Xbox, PS3, PS4] with Colors – Disable & Fix Issue.
This is all about Getting XP Fast in Minecraft. Farming XP in Minecraft can be a fun and rewarding way to advance your character and unlock new abilities and items. By understanding the basics of XP farming and using strategies such as mob spawner farms, XP potions, and enchantments, you can farm XP more efficiently.
For even more advanced techniques, you can try the XP farm boost method or set up an XP grinder. Regardless of which method you choose, with a little bit of practice and patience, you’ll be able to farm XP quickly and take your Minecraft character to the next level.
The FAQs about XP in Minecraft
Still, have any confusion? Readout these answers and get your desired answer.
What gives you the most XP in Minecraft?
Ender Dragon mob (animal) is the final mob boss in Minecraft which will give you the most XP than any other mobs in the entire game which is 12000 XP when killed for the first time.
Does mending take away XP?
No. It only uses your XP to mend your equipment. After mending your equipment if you have any XP then it will be added to your experience bar.
How much XP does it take to repair a mending diamond pickaxe?
To fully repair a diamond tool you will need about 4686 XP.
What gives the most XP when smelting Minecraft?
If you smelt a large number of products in the furnace then it will give you more XP and among them, the cactus is the one that will give you more XP while smelting.
Do all mobs give the same XP?
No. The amount of XP varies from mob to mob. Every hostile mob gives 5 XP while the blaze which drops 10 XP.