Minecraft has many weapons and among them, the trident is a very rare weapon and is difficult to find because it cannot be made from the crafting table. You have to find it from the games.
So, here we will describe the whole procedure of How to get a trident in Minecraft and many more desired question answers so stay with us.
What is Trident in Minecraft?
Trident is a very rare and incredible weapon of Minecraft which you can use in underwater battles. As underwater battles and fight with aquatic animals are very difficult and you can’t use a bow in this so it’s become really very tough.
But trident makes this thing easy for the players. It helps the players to catch fish, allows the players to access those mobs ( animals) which are difficult to catch, and helps them to fight against the aquatic mobs.
It can cause huge damage to the aquatic mobs during the fights with enclosing V Enchantment. Trident is used in both melee and ranged combat.
How To Get a Trident in Minecraft?
Minecraft has recently added trident in their aquatic update (Java Edition 1.13). As we said before, you can’t craft a trident so you have to acquire it from the hands of dead drowned mobs. For this, you have to defeat them in the underwater battle. And then they may drop their trident but the chance is very low in this case which is approximately about 8.5%.
A drowned is an underwater zombie which holds a trident in its hands.
- However, in the pocket edition, there is a low chance of dropping trident from drowning. So, the best way is to attack the drowned and snatch away their tridents. For this, you have to –
- Search for a water body.
- Head underwater and search for enemies named drowned. You can find them spawning in oceans or rivers. As the river has a smaller amount of water than the ocean, the chances of getting drawn is higher here.
- They spawn with tridents in their hands. You have to attack and kill them as much as possible until they drop their tridents.
- On the other hand, in Java Edition, the chances of getting a trident are a little bit higher than the pocket edition which is about 15% and about 25% drowned holding a trident. With looting enchantment, you can increase your chances. You have an 8.5% chance of looting it from the drowned. The normal chance of dropping trident is 11% and with the Looting Enchantment the chance will increase 2% at every level and it’s up to about 17%
When the mobs throw it towards you and somehow miss it, you can’t pick it up. But you can pick it up from the ground when another player throws it.
But a looted trident has random durability which you can improve or repair by combining two tridents.
- Related: Minecraft Anarchy Server – The Details You Should Know.
How To Make an Enchanted Trident
- Mending: It increases and restores the durability of the tridents of XP orbs.
- Unbreaking: It increases durability.
- Impaling: While fighting with aquatic mobs (like – fishes, turtles, etc) it will increase your attack damage.
- Loyalty: After throwing the trident, it comes back to the player.
- Riptide: It is incompatible with Loyalty and Channeling. It drives the players while wielding the tridents if the players are underwater or it is raining. Players can fly with the tridents during rain or snowfall by using this enchant.
- Channeling: It is the opposite of A thrown trident hitting a player or mob summons a powerful lightning bolt, during a thunderstorm.
A looted trident has random durability which you can improve or repair by combining two tridents and with the mending and unbreaking enchants which will help you from having new ones again and again.
- Related: How to get XP fast in Minecraft (2021) – Best ways to Level Up.
How to repair trident in Minecraft?
A looted trident has random durability and it is decreased with a single point with each use. You can improve or repair by combining two tridents and with the mending and unbreaking enchants which will help you from having new ones again and again.
Trident Minecraft recipe
As trident is a very rare and incredible weapon of Minecraft, you can’t make it by crafting. You have to collect this from the underwater mob’s hand by defeating them.
Related: How To Get Apples in Minecraft (Mod, Farm) – Best Ways To Grow.
How to make a trident farm
The easiest and practical way to farm trident is The Aerial Platform Method. It works by the spawning drowned on an aerial platform above the player and the player stands beyond the spawning range of other areas. And for this Aerial Platform farming method, you have to collect some materials such as –
- Wooden buttons or signs
Thus the way you can farm trident.
Points after Attacks with a Trident
Trident is a very powerful and incredible weapon used in Minecraft. It has a high attack speed of 1.1 and after a successful standard attack, you will get 9points of damage while a critical attack can gain 13 points of damage. And the ranged attack will give you 8points.
- Related: How To Enable RTX in Minecraft 2021 (Complete guide).
Trident Minecraft mod
There are many mods in Minecraft trident, among them Transcending Trident Mod 1.16.5/1.15.2 is one which makes the use of Riptide enchantment more useful.
Normally, Riptide enchantment allows the players to fly with the tridents during rain or snowfall but this Transcending Trident Mod 1.16.5/1.15.2 allows you to hold the bucket in your hand, and then Riptide enchantment will work.
You don’t need to wait for rain or snowfall anymore. Even these mods will increase the power of your Riptide and give the opportunity to the players to launch it very quickly and far away.
So, that’s all about how to get a trident in Minecraft. I hope this article will help you to know all the information about this but still If you still have any confusion then you can read out our Q/A segment.
The FAQs about a Trident
Go through our Q/A segment and satisfy yourself with your desired answer.
Can you get a trident without a drowned?
No. Because a drowned is an underwater zombie which holds a trident in their hands.
Can you get trident from fishing?
No. Because you can’t craft trident and you have to acquire it from the hands of dead drowned mobs (animals. e.g. turtles, fishes, etc.)
How do you fly with the trident?
By using the Riptide Enchanted Tridents players can fly during the rain or snowfall.
Why can I not throw my trident with Riptide?
If you aren’t underwater or it is raining then you won’t be able to throw your trident with Riptide Enchant.
Are villagers afraid of drowns?
No. The villagers protect their villages from the attack of nighttime mobs but if their village sits on the water they can’t avoid the drowns. Even these drowns will help them to collect more tridents.