Want to have more chests in your Minecraft game? Then you have to find a dungeon in Minecraft. To know how to find a dungeon in Minecraft, keep reading our whole write-up.
Finding a dungeon in Minecraft is quite difficult but in spite of these difficulties, gamers are willing to get this cause it gives the players loot that contains a chest. A dungeon may have two or one chests. Also, a dungeon contains a spawner that will give infinite EXP and drops.
But to avail of these opportunities, you have to find this dungeon. To know how to find a dungeon in Minecraft, what it is, how it works, and gives facilities to its players go through this article.
What is a Dungeon Mainly?
The dungeon is added in Update 0.9.0. in June 2010 which is mainly a hidden structure or room which is made of cobblestone which contains a mob spawner and 1-2 chests in it and you have to find this from your Minecraft world. These dungeons are generally growing areas that you can find underground in the overworld.
The size of dungeons is about 5×5, 7×7, or 5×7 blocks or square rooms. It contains lots of loot which have chests in it. And these chests make your Minecraft game easier and more enjoyable. Also, this dungeon is made of mossy cobblestone, a monster spawner, and 0-2 chests.
Structure of a Dungeon
Each dungeon has a monster spawner in the center of the structure which will help to spawn mobs until the spawner destroys itself. These monsters will also split into either zombies, skeletons, or spiders. But it will only happen when you enter the radius of 16 blocks.
You will be able to see what types of mobs it will spawn by getting close to the dungeon. These dungeons are also able to control the spawns of monsters which is very helpful for your experience bar. And for this reason, these dungeons are mostly wished for by the players. Every 25 seconds on average, a new monster will spawn and it can also be done within 10 seconds.
Spawn Rate of The Dungeon in Minecraft
As we said before that the monster of the dungeon will split into either zombies, skeletons, or spiders, so there is also the rate of spawning of them which are stated below –
- Skeleton spawner: The chance of spawning a skeleton and generating dungeons is about 25%.
- Cave spawner: It also has a 25% chance of spawning and generates dungeons.
- Zombie spawner: It has a 50% chance to be spawned and to be generated in the dungeon.
- Spider spawner: It also has a 25% chance to be generated in the dungeon or to be spawned.
What Condition Does Spawner Follow for Generating Dungeon
There are a few conditions that spawners follow while spawning. These are –
- The floors have to be solid and the ceilings also have to be solid.
- The floors and ceiling have to work with sand and gravel.
- And a dungeon should have one or more openings.
These steps will be helpful for giving the green light for generating a dungeon within the chunk.
How to Find a Dungeon in Minecraft ( Pocket Edition, Creative Mode, Xbox One, Bedrock, etc)
To find a dungeon in Minecraft isn’t an easy task. It will cost you a lot to find it. But there are three methods that will help you to find the dungeon.
Method 1: Falling Sand Method
- According to its name, this method works on the principle of newly produced failing sand which will help you to find the surface dungeons where they are spawned. This method is suitable for all versions of Minecraft.
The dungeon can be produced near the surface of the desert. So, the first thing is to find a desert when the gamers load up the game. If there is any hollow area of the dungeon, it will ruin the blocks under the sand. These sands are affected by gravity. You have to find a hole that is 5×5 in size and then start to dig it.
Also keep your eyes nearby for any mossy cobblestone, also chests, or a spawner. You should look for these types of holes while exploring the desert. In fact, it’s a good way to find a dungeon in any desert. Maybe you can find a dungeon or spot them very quickly.
Method 2: Audio method
- As we can guess from its name, we have to use audio to find the dungeons. This method is something for which we have to use stereo speakers or headphones or you can use phone speakers in Pocket Edition to find a dungeon in Minecraft.
As we all know, dungeons have a monster spawner in their center which can be split into skeletons, zombies, or spiders. The noise is created by the spawners when they are stuck in the dungeons. When you explore the Minecraft world, you have to use your stereo speaker or the headphones towards the direction of the sound.
You should keep digging until you find the dungeon. They sometimes may be in a higher or lower level than you, so if you do not find them towards the direction, then you should dig up or down to find this dungeon.
This audio method is also suitable for all the editions of Minecraft (i.e Minecraft pocket edition, Xbox one, creative mode, etc)
Method 3: Dungeon Finder
This dungeon finder is a method for which you have to use an external website which is Dungeon Finder by Chunkbase. Though this process is not 100% accurate, you can still use this method as most of the players find it very useful as well as helpful. In this method, you just have to put a seed on both Java and Bedrock which tells you the location of every dungeon in your world.
Related: How To Find a Jungle in Minecraft Biome/Temple (All Version).
How to Use a Dungeon Finder?
There are some rules required for using this dungeon finder which are –
- The first step is going to the website is chunkbase.com.
- Then you will find yourself on the dungeon finder page.
- On this dungeon page, you will be able to see a seed and version box.
- Then you have to put the seed on the top of the text box for a quick start and press on Find Dungeon.
- Finally, you will be able to use the map which contains dungeons and the map is –
- Orange color: It has multiple spawners in chunks.
- Green color: It has a zombie spawner.
- Gray color: It has a skeleton spawner
- Red color: It has spider spawners.
What Should I Bring with Me While Finding a Dungeon
Well, while you are finding the dungeon, it may be dangerous sometimes because of the mobs and the monster spawner itself. Here we listed some items which you need to take with you while finding dungeons. These are –
- Torches: As we know, dungeons spawn in caves, so the torch is very important for lighting up the caves. You can also use these torches to control the mobs of the dungeon.
- Weapons: You may take a sword, bow, or arrow with you as a weapon. These will help you to keep safe from the attack of the monsters. You can bring a stone sword with you. Iron, gold, or diamond will be the best though.
- Armor: Players can take any type of armor which will protect them from the attack of the mobs.
- Pickaxe: This will help the players to destroy the monster spawner. And if there are no naturally occurring openings, it will help to break through the wall of a dungeon.
How To Find a Dungeon in Minecraft with Command
There is also a command by which you can find dungeons in Minecraft with the help of the dungeon finder program such as Chunkbase. And the command is /seed, and you can get the seed of your world by using this command.
These are all about how to find a dungeon in Minecraft. After reading this write-up I hope you now have many ideas about the dungeon, the process of finding it, the spawning system and rate of the spawners, etc. Still, if you want to know more then read out our next FAQ segment.
Here in this segment, we are trying to satisfy your questions and queries. Hope you will find it helpful.
Is it possible to talk to a dungeon in Minecraft?
Yes. It is possible to talk to a dungeon in Minecraft. There is an option which is – text-to-speech for a chat in every game by which you can talk to your dungeon. But to enable this, you have to go to settings to access this.
Can you locate spawners in Minecraft?
Yes. You can locate spawners in Minecraft. As spawners are always found inside of the dungeon. And these dungeons can be found inside caves, ravines, or randomly underground of the world.
Can you locate a dungeon in Minecraft?
As the locating process of the dungeon is not quite easy, still you can locate it but the accuracy level of finding or locating the dungeon is not 100%. To locate and find this, you have to explore the world and luckily you may find a dungeon.
How do you find a dungeon in Minecraft with peace?
The best way of finding dungeons peacefully is to find them from a cave instead of digging. But if you don’t have caves near you, then you have to mine underground.
Where does the dungeon spawn?
Dungeons spawn mostly near in a cave system otherwise they won’t spawn. Or they won’t spawn underground which is surrounded by solid blocks of stone.
What level do skeleton spawners spawn?
For spawning of skeleton spawners in Minecraft, it requires a light level of 7 or less.
Is there any difference between Java Edition and Bedrock Edition of dungeons?
Yes, there is a slightly a little difference between Java Edition and Bedrock Edition of dungeons though they look alike.
In Java Edition, dungeons can spawn near the cave at any height.
On the other hand, in Bedrock Edition, dungeons can be generated as underground buildings above sea level.