Ray tracing (RTX) is a phenomenon that allows you to experience whole new lights, reflections, refractions in water, and realistic shadows in Minecraft. But most of the players don’t know how to enable RTX in Minecraft.
So if you are looking forward to the whole procedure and answer, this article is for you. In this, we are going to tell you what RTX is, how it works, and how to enable it.
What is RTX?
It is very important for someone to know about the minimum details or information before going to work on something. So, before going to enable RTX, you should know what it means.
RTX – Ray Tracing is a real-time algorithm for pc games (windows 10) that is available on Minecraft. It allows light effects more realistically and physics-based in the 3D game world.
The portrayal of light and shadow in video games was always problematic. But RTX comes with the solution. It changes when it hits a specific object or through a pane of glass. RTX is a phenomenon that has reflections, refractions in water, and realistic shadows in Minecraft. As a result, players can feel the game more accurately and realistically.
What is GeForce RTX?
There are about 20 and 30 series of GeForce GPUs and RTX is exclusive to GeForce graphics cards. But you can’t enable RTX by having only one of these graphics cards on your pc. For this, you have to enable the games which support RTX. RTX is a hardware demanding process and that’s why Nvidia puts a separate core of RTX on it’s GPU.
Which games support RTX?
The list of games that support RTX is increasing day by day.
Remedy’s Control is one of them. Though it has a feature of semi-transparent glasses, reflective surfaces which are visually captivating without RTX.
But RTX makes it more stunning with its stunning realistic light effect. There are also more games that support RTX. They are –
- Cyberpunk 2077
- Call of Duty Black Ops: Cold War.
- Amind Evil
- Battlefield 5
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Control
- Deliver Us the Moon
- Dirt 5
- Justice Online
- Mechwarrior 5: Mercenaries
- The Medium
- Metro Exodus
- Moonlight Blade
- Mortal Shell
- Observer: System Redux
- Pumpkin Jack
- Quake 2 RTX
- Ring of Elysium
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider
- Stay in the Light
- Watch Dogs: Legion
- Wolfenstein: Youngblood
Nvidia always keeps the update of the upcoming and current list of games on its website.
- Related: How to get a trident in Minecraft farm fast, enchantments & repair.
Requirements for RTX
To enable RTX, you must have the minimum requirements which are –
- OS (Operation Systems): Windows 10 (or above) 64-bit
- GPU: DirectX hardware ray tracing capable GPU such as NVIDIA GeForce RTX 20 Series and higher, and AMD Radeon RX 6000 Series and higher
- Hardware: PC; virtual reality (VR) headsets and mixed reality (MR) headsets are not supported
- CPU: Intel Core i5 or equivalent
- RAM: >8 GB of RAM
- Minecraft version:16.200 or higher
How to enable RTX?
There are a few steps to enable RTX. Which are –
- To enable RTX in Minecraft, first, you have to install ” Minecraft for Windows 10 ”
- Open Minecraft Bedrock edition because RTX is available only for the Minecraft Bedrock Edition.
- Then you have to go to the Minecraft Marketplace and have to search for RTX.
- If your device has the minimum requirements (stated before) then you can see the content packs. Otherwise, you won’t be able to see that and your device’s hardware also won’t be able to run this.
- You can download any content piece which you like and go back to the main menu.
- Then you can create your own brand new world and before starting you can select the downloaded resource pack.
- Finally, you have to activate RTX by going to settings > video settings > Ray Tracing > Enable.
Related: How To Join 2b2t Minecraft Server (Complete Guide).
So that’s all about how to enable RTX on your device. If you go through our whole article then you will be able to turn on RTX in your games that support RTX. Furthermore, if you have any doubts or confusion about it then please go through our question-answer (FAQ) segment which will help you to clear it out.
The FAQs about How To Enable RTX on Minecraft
Still have any confusion? Then please read out our question-answer segment and satisfy yourself with the desired answer.
Is RTX a gimmick?
No. It’s not. It’s been a part of computer animation for a while and turning it on it greatly improves the visuals of the game.
How do I know if my RTX is on?
You can determine it by the reflections. Try to find any transparent surface or glass and observe the reflection. If the reflection seems realistic and more detailed than your RTX is on.
Is GTX or RTX better?
NVIDIA’s RTX 2080 is better than GTX 1080. RTX offers much better, faster performance than GTX and it is also lower in price.
What does RTX stand for?
RTX stands for Ray Tracing Texel eXtreme which makes the video games more realistic and greatly visualized for the players.