Do you ever think is it possible to dye your armor with other colors? Well, it’s possible in Minecraft to dye your armor which will work the same as the basic one.
As there are many different ways to dye the armor, you can make them by following some rules and steps very easily.
So, here we are going to tell details of how to dye armor in Minecraft, how it works, and what it is. To know all this, stick to our articles and gather the information.
What Is Dyed Armor in Minecraft?
It works as a safety shield for the players. On the other hand, dyed armor is the same as the basic one and the working procedure is also the same. You just add colors to them.
How To Craft Armor in Minecraft
There are some steps that you have to complete before crafting the armor. Which are –
First thing is, you have to make the base armor and for this, you need about five wooden planks and one iron ingot.
To get the wooden planks, you should break the wooden logs on the crafting table as much as you want. You can get or make more wooden planks than how much you require.
After doing this, you need to go to the next step which is mining. You will need more iron ingots than that, so you should keep mining until you reserve a good amount of iron ingots. Finally, into the iron ingots, cook the raw ores, and get ready for the crafting.
For crafting the armor, you have to make a shape of ‘Y’ in the crafting table which is in 3*3 order. Then fill the top left, top right, bottom left, bottom right slot, and the middle row with wooden planks. At the crafting table’s top middle slot, Iron ingots should be placed. And that’s how you can craft the armor.
Related: How To Dye Carpet Minecraft Red, White (Complete Guide).
How To Dye Armor in Minecraft
To perform this, you need a mood that allows you to dye. Unless you won’t be able to dye your diamond, gold, or iron armors. For this, you just have to –
- Place the Cauldron.
- Fill it with water by using the bucket.
- Add the color of the dye which you have selected to the cauldron.
- Select and place the item to the cauldron which you want to be dyed.
How To Dye Armor in Minecraft PS4
The steps required in Minecraft PS4 are –
- Place the cauldron which will be filled with water with the water bucket.
- Then add dye in the water and then put your armor into the cauldron. Finally, you will get your dyed armor.
How To Dye Armor in Minecraft Xbox
The dyeing armor process is almost the same in all the versions of Minecraft. Steps which you have to follow to dye armor in Minecraft Xbox is –
- First, you need a cauldron for dyeing armor.
- Place it and pour water in it with the water bucket.
- Then add dye to the cauldron and in your hot bar, you should choose a dye.
- Finally, you are able to dye your armor in the cauldron.
How To Dye Armor in Minecraft Java Edition
The color of the armor can not be changed except if it is leather armor as Minecraft allows its players to change the surroundings. But the procedure of dyeing armor varies from edition to edition. In the java edition, the process of dyeing armor is –
- Step 1: First select the armor which you want to dye.
- Step 2: Then set it on the crafting table.
- Step 3: Finally put the color according to your choice (i.e there are about sixteen colors available in Minecraft).
Also, players can dye the same armor with several colors as there are no limitations to adding color.
Players can also un-dye the color if they want. For this, they have to put down the cauldron and then pour it with water. After some time, the dyes will be washed.
How To Dye Armor in Minecraft Bedrock Edition
Making A Cauldron And A Bucket
For dyeing armor, there is a need for a cauldron and a bucket. As the bucket is made of iron, so for making the bucket and the cauldron players need to find and collect the iron ingots then follow the following steps –
- For bucket: First, you have to set the iron in a ‘V’ shape on the crafting table with three iron ingots.
- For the cauldron: In the column of the crafting table, place the three iron ingots and of course, in the middle slot of the bottom row there will be one iron ingot.
That’s it. By following these steps one can make a bucket and a cauldron as well.
How To Dye Armor
The process of dying can be started but this time, this process is a little bit complicated. These steps are –
- Step 1: First get and set the cauldron.
- Step 2: Then fill the cauldron with water by using the bucket.
- Step 3: Add the desired dye in which you want to see your armor to be dyed.
- Step 4: Finally add the armor to the cauldron as a result it will soak the dyes.
The un-dyeing process is also the same. Just interact with the cauldron filled with water and take the armor which has to undye.
How To Dye a Bed Minecraft
About 16 colors of bed are available in Minecraft which are –
- Green, Light Blue, White, Brown, Pink, Purple, Orange, Lime, Light Gray, Red, Gray, Magenta, Black, Blue, Yellow, Cyan.
You can make your bed in these colors but there are two ways of dying your bed. Either you can make your bed colored by using dyed wool or by dying a white bed.
- Making a Bed with Colored Wool: By using the same color wool and planks you can make a colored
- Dyeing a White Bed: Using the color which you like, you can color your white bed according to your selected color dye. For this, you should place your white bed with the color dye on the crafting table.
How To Dye a Sheep in Minecraft
Sheep are very common animals in Minecraft. You can find them in the biomes. Although, if you want to dye your sheep according to your desired color, you need to fulfill some requirements for this-
Required Materials to Dye Sheep
For Dyeing Sheep in Minecraft, you will need at least 3 ingredients like the following :
- Your desired color Dye
- A Sheep
- Shears (optional)
Steps of dyeing sheep
Step 1: First, you should select the color of the dye according to your desire.
Step 2: Find a sheep from the biomes or you can tempt them inside the fence with wheat or other things which they like. It will give you the best result.
Step 3: You just need to place the dye in the inventory and click on it. Then right-click on the sheep and finally, the sheep will be colored according to your desire. While doing this process, keep interacting with the ships.
How To Dye a Shield in Minecraft
You can dye your shield as well in Minecraft. For this, you have to combine your shield with the banners to give it a specific color. If you want back your old color of the shield, there is also away. You just put the shield in the water and it will regain its old color.
Making the Banner
If you need banners for dyeing your shield, you can make them from the crafting table. For this, you will need
- 6 types of wool of any color and
- 1 stick.
With these six types of wool, fill the first top two rows of the crafting table which is 3*3 in order. Then you will have only one row at the bottom which will be empty. Place the stick in the middle slot of the bottom row. The recipe for making banners is done.
Now you just need to put it beside the shield in the crafting grind. The color of the shield will depend upon the color of the banner.
Related: How To Dye Leather Armor in Minecraft (java, ps4, pc, Xbox one).
How To Dye an Elytra
There are about 16 colors of elytra available in Minecraft. To dye this elytra –
- You just need to open the settings and select your colors among the 16.
- Then go back to your world and enjoy the new looks of your elytra.
I hope you get much information about how to dye armor in Minecraft and also many other processes of it by exploring our write-up.
But if you don’t get the answers to your questions or queries then go through our question answers segment which will meet up with your desire.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some answers to the questions which may help you to learn much more about the dyeing system of the armors.
Can I breed my sheep with another color of sheep?
Yes. You can breed your sheep with another color of dyed sheep. In fact, it will help you to give variants.
Does dyeing sheep color them permanently?
Yes. Once you dye your sheep, it will produce the same color as dyed wool. That’s why if you want white wool, you don’t need to dye your sheep or you have to find the undyed sheep.
Is it harmful to breed the different colors of dyed sheep together?
No. It’s not harmful at all. In fact, it will help you to get variants in the sheep.
Why can’t I dye my armor in Minecraft?
Before dyeing the armor, you have to fulfill some pre-steps which are – crafting the bucket and cauldron. Then you will be able to dye your armor.
Where do you get dye in Minecraft Pocket Edition?
In Minecraft Pocket Edition (PE), you will find the cauldron in the tab which looks like a bookshelf, and the dye is also located in the tab which looks like seeds.