Getting 2 billion points in the popular mobile game Subway Surfers is no easy feat. It requires immense skill, patience, and determination to reach such an astronomical score. Here is an in-depth look at what it takes to hit the 2 billion mark in Subway Surfers:
The Basics of Subway Surfers
For those unfamiliar with the game, Subway Surfers is an “endless running” mobile game developed by Kiloo and SYBO Games. The objective is to navigate your character through a series of oncoming trains and obstacles while collecting coins and power-ups. You use swipe gestures to jump, dodge left/right, and perform other acrobatics.
The game progresses continuously, with the speed and difficulty steadily increasing over time. You lose if you crash into an obstacle or get caught by the inspector and his dog chasing you. Your final score is based on how far you can run before failing.
Estimating the Time Required
Reaching 2 billion points is certainly possible, but would require extraordinary skill and commitment. Based on averages from top players, here is an estimate of how long it might take:
- The current world record score is about 500 million points.
- To reach 2 billion, a player would need to achieve 4 times the world record.
- The world record took approximately 150 hours of total gameplay time.
- Therefore, reaching 2 billion could take around 600 hours, or 25 straight days of playing.
This is only an informed estimate, as actual times will vary dramatically based on player skill. But it gives a sense of just how much practice and dedication is required for such a monumental score.
Gameplay Tips for High Scores
Scoring 2 billion points in Subway Surfers is nearly impossible without utilizing advanced strategies and techniques. Here are some tips used by the top players:
- Master timing and reflexes – Precise jumps, slides, and movements are required to navigate tightly packed trains and obstacles.
- Memorize level layouts – Knowing upcoming turns and challenges allows you to plan routes and react quickly.
- Upgrade your board and abilities – High-level boards like the Waveboard and abilities like Super Sneakers help you evade obstacles and run faster.
- Take advantage of score multipliers – Keys unlock score boosts that dramatically increase points earned.
- Play with “Hoverboards” – Hoverboards provide a few seconds of immunity, allowing you to plow through obstacles without crashing. Use them strategically.
The Grueling Reality
While reaching 2 billion points may seem like a fun challenge at first, the grueling reality is that it requires almost inhuman skill and endurance. Players would need to:
- Play for 16+ hours a day, allowing only brief breaks for necessities like eating and sleeping.
- Maintain an intense level of focus and concentration day after day, without burning out or losing interest.
- Have reflexes fast enough to react within fractions of a second as obstacles approach.
- Memorize hours upon hours of procedural-level generation.
- Avoid making even the slightest mistake that could reset the run after hundreds of hours invested.
As you can see, scoring 2 billion points in Subway Surfers is a monumental feat reserved only for the most dedicated and seasoned players at the absolute peak of their abilities. For most people, just breaking 1 million points is considered a major accomplishment.